Friday, May 9, 2008

Who turned out the lights.

"Woke up this morning....." sorry Peter Frampton flashbacks. Woke up today like normal, hit the snooze button fell back asleep for a few then the alarm went off again, hit snooze then I hear a voice from Taylor's room saying "Mommy can you come here?" Start thinking is she sick, spider in her room again, what, then I turn over and notice that its really dark in the house, huh powers off. It wasn't storming, did Farmland forget to pay the electric bill for the town? So we get up and started using my cell phone for a flash light, they make pretty good flashlights for about a minute or two. Got ready by candlelight and yes I did something that I normally accuse others of doing when I see them wearing a Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr. shirt or something with the Reds on them, I got dressed in the dark. Left for work and as soon as I hit P-Town Down there was power. Some squirel probably got fried so that is why the power is out but who knows. Brought back quick flashbacks to the ice storm of a few years ago, which we were just talking about the other day, but there was no sound of falling limbs outside when I left just peaceful.

2 comments:

Pink is God's said...

Actually a racoon, but who's counting.

Derek Chalfant said...

In Farmland we do coon hunting a little different than in Connersville, we just wait for them to get the shock of their life, that way they are allready cooked....