Monday, November 2, 2009

A good and draining weekend

Weekends are my two favorite days of the week for many reasons but some weekend just seem to go by and it seems like there wasn't the relaxation that you were looking for or they fly by because you were totally swamped with activities and such. That was the case this weekend. Got to do the final broadcast of high school football on JOY FM then a little SRF which was good. Then come home and go to bed to get up at 3:30 am to be ready to head out between 4 and 5 am to go to Illinois to help move the McAllisters. Got to bed after midnight and didn't go to sleep til 12:30 or so, 3:30 comes awfully quick. Got up and got ready and waited looking out the window around 4. By 4:30 nothing, 5:00 nothing, 5:30 ok whats going on. Gave Stephen a call and no answer, did he already leave without me? Why aren't I still sleeping? Are we still going? All these questions are flying through my mind. At 5:45 my cell phone rings with someone on the other line saying, "I just woke up I'll be there in 20 minutes." He finally arrived at 6:30 or so and we were on our way. 6 hours there and 6 hours back along with a couple of hours to load up and we finally made it back here around 9:45 pm. Got them unloaded and set up then off to home around 11. Good fun filled day.

Went to church where I was a bit nervous like alot of Sundays but particularly this one was different, we were doing a song I wrote for the first time in front of the church. It went well at Heart Song so I was excited for it for this weeks service especially with the new series and what its about. Got time to play it and it started off good then BAM it hit me. Doing a quick little look around saw Tammy just smiling from ear to ear, looked in front of her and saw Mom & Dad and they were both into it. Starting to get a little choked up but I'm fine, then the chorus came and I could hear people singing along, whoa wasn't ready for that, now its a little harder to fight. Then I look around a little more and saw PK's Mom & Dad up front both smiling and singing and for some reason that just got me now its even harder to fight. Then saw people in moments of worship with hands raised and or eyes closed and thats when I gave up the fight and pretty much lost it. I always thought that it was a neat little song but seeing it being used for God's glory gave me a whole new perspective on it and I felt really appriciative for Him to use me in ways that just floor me. That was just totally cool. Had to regain composure to finish out the set, luckily the next song was one that I just play simple chords for. I really enjoy the worship experiences out there at The Branches, they totally rock.

Sunday Set List:
All The Earth Will Sing Your Praises - "oh my gosh it's" Paul Baloche
My Glorious - Delirious
Not About Me - Me with help from Nate & Nate
Give Us Clean Hands - Charlie Hall
I Surrender All - Judson Van something or other
Hosanna - Hillsong United

3 comments:

Nathan said...

It's an awesome song, and it fits so well with this series! Thank you for ministering to our hearts by sharing what God has placed in you!!! You rock!

Kris Sorensen said...

That song fit like a glove; I think it's our theme song for Hope Epidemic! Good job man; I'm proud of you.

Unknown said...

Needless to say my prayer for years has been for God to use and train you in the way HE wants. Was a wonderful thing to watch it all coming true. I feel this is just the start. Dad and I were so proud. The song is a life lesson for us all.