Monday, October 19, 2009

Heart Song & the weekend that was.

If you didn't make it out to Heart Song all I've got to say is you missed an incredible night of music, not just because I had a song in it, but because of the other 12 or 13 songs that were done. We have some amazing talent out at The Branches at Farmland Friends. I was really digging Brent's song My Strength Is In You and Dave's Talk To Jesus and Nathan's The Edge and Nate C's Sinners Prayer and my personal favorite was the last song of the night, Nate and Nate's Victory Is Yours. Wow that song is amazing and I can see it being done some Sunday with the full band and all. It was alot of fun to do that for Marggy and the Black's to help out with rasing some money for them. I'm still not used to people coming up to me and saying they liked my song, I never know how to react except with a thanks. Its amazing that God can use a simple little song to affect people in different ways, I know I can't do anything like that. I wrote that song a few years ago and when Nate C. asked if I'd be interested in participating in Heart Song I told him I had a few songs and gave him that one. He put the music to it and tweaked some of the words to make them flow a little better and I think he knocked it out of the park. I still have another one I'd like to do someday but it is a little more rockin', huh imagine that. I kind of thought that Saturday night wasn't the time to bust that one out yet.

I think the youth worship team dudes did a great job yesterday, I'm excited to see how they are used in the upcoming months up at the 3:7, that's the youth room who are wondering what that is. It was good to have a week off but I'm ready to get back at it this week. Tammy has been excited these past few days as Pastor Kris asked her to help with the upcoming Hope Epedimic series and let me tell you shes been on it. That kind of stuff is right up her alley. I'm excited to see how that series unfolds and how it impacts not only us but the community as well. Humm maybe we can throw in "It's Not About Me" at some point in that series.......

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

I like the idea of having "It's Not About Me" during this next series!