Monday, October 5, 2009

All I can say is WOW

That is the only word that comes to mind after yesterday's worship, WOW. From the little bridge part in You Alone to the end of Came To My Rescue that was just absolutely fantastic worship. Don't know if those in the congregation felt it but I sure know I did. It never ceases to amaze me that God can use a screw up like me and use me for His GLORY. I also like the fact that we have a leader, pastor, who is not afraid to talk about subjects that are hard to talk about and those that some people don't want to hear about. Kudos to you PK, keep on speaking the word that God has placed in your heart.

This is a great time of the year with fall here and the temps dipping below 60 degrees for highs and the cloudy days are flat out cool, no pun intended. Got to run the board for 2 high school football games this weekend and did a little something different, instead of going to a spot during one of the breaks after a score, the play by play announcer Mike Hohler sent it back to me on Friday to hype up Solid Rock Friday Night for 30 seconds and on Saturday to preview the half time show I had planned. Dang, we almost sounded like professionals during that time. It is alot of fun to work with Mike and Ryan Gathard on the broadcasts and I've met Ryan but have yet to meet Mike. We have a blast before the games and after and sometimes during as I've finally learned how to talk to them why we are at a break. Good times.

Sunday Set list
Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman
One Way - Hillsong United (I think I was either a half step ahead or a half step behind during these songs for some reason)
Holliness - Brian Doekerson (Did this one a little funky and I liked it)
Grace Covers Me - David Bell (Great song)
You Alone - David Crowder*Band (The I'm Alive part definately came alive)
Came To My Rescue - Hillsong United (WOW, thats all I can say. Ready to do this one again)

1 comments:

Nathan said...

I would agree. Worship rocked and so did the sermon!!!