Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Madhouse Preview #2

A new show that Tammy and I started watching after one of her boss's told her about it. Brings back some memories of the old racing days. They follow basically 5 drivers, Junior Miller (the legend) Burt Myers (the talented one) his brother Jason Myers (nice guy), Tim Brown (the pompous jerk), and Mark Fleming (the racer thats broke). It is very entertaining especially since I've seen first hand how racing is. Although I don't know these fellows, the series I used to work for and when I worked at Winchester I've seen guys like each one of these guys. It is on every Sunday night at 11 pm on the History channel. Watching this makes me want to go back to my racing roots.

The race track they race at is Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston Salem, NC. It is a flat 1/4 mile track that is very narrow. The best way to pass is to move the car in front of you out of the way, which leads to retaliation which leads to more paybacks and so on. Just imagine racing around the track at the high school, that is what it would be like. I wouldn't mind visiting this track sometime just for the fun of it.

0 comments: