Thursday, February 25, 2010

Need more shows like this 'round here.

Last Sunday in Greenville Ohio the Nothing and Everything Tour with Red, Decyfer Down, The Wedding and Me In Motion came rolling into town and the youth group made a little road trip. It was a fun evening and I was blessed to be able to welcome the crowd and give a few announcements before the show started. It is a pretty cool feeling when you say something and the crowd reacts loudly, I dug that. Wasn't too nervous but I did forget to mention a thing or two and I know I'd like to do it again sometime. Funny thing one of the leaders who went, Jennifer Wise, is such a rock and roll rebel, she went out and took a nap during the show. Who does that? Good times and here are a few pictures that Taylor took for you to enjoy although for whatever reason she didn't get a picture of me doing my thing on stage. Thanks to JOY FM, Marty McCabe, and the tour manager for Red for the chance to live out a dream.

What a nice looking group of people waiting to get in, notice the one without a coat? They only stood out there for about an hour. 4 cars with 15 kids and 5 leaders equals a good night.

Seth Mosley from Me In Motion using my mic. These guys got the evening started off.


The Wedding rocking it up. These guys played a short set, the lead singer was battling illness but still gave it all for the show.


Decyfer Down lead singer TJ Harris. This was the second time I've seen them and they're a good band. Played alot of songs I like and even did one I didn't think they would do. I feel bad for them though as Taylor and Rylan were both yelling "We love you Caleb" to the guitar player. Bad thing is his name is Brandon and Caleb was the old lead singer whose not in the band anymore. Hope it didn't upset the band any.



Micheal Barnes lead singer of Red belting it out. This was also the second time I've seen Red and they put on a good show and I'll be seeing them again sometime.




Anthony Armstrong from Red making the guitar faces. I spent some time at the side of the stage before I went on to welcome everyone and was checking out his guitars and set up, maybe someday I'll have that kind of set up with 7 or 8 guitars and a nice amp rig.






Red doing a song called "Pieces" off of thier first cd. Was really surprised that they did this one, I've always liked it and thought we could do it some Sunday.
Great show and we need more of them like this in the area, I know of quite a few people who would go to them. Makes me ready for this Friday night and 3 hours of SRF.

1 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

I thought you did a great job at the start of the show welcoming folks... you seemed really calm. Good job.