Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun at the station

Last night was a blast again at the station with PK and Solid Rock Friday Night. We did the rock A to Z and completed the alphabet with the exception of Q and Y so if your starting a band use one of those letters. We had a ball and I'm sure some footage will show up at some point. Had fun bantering and just doin our thing with Kris aka Sir RoX Alot and myself DJ Jazzy D-Roc the Professor of Roctology, make sure you don't have a P on there. Did my first interview on the air with a fellow named Dave who was putting on the Day of Fire show that we went to tonight, more on that in a bit, and there was a time we thought we'd never make it through the alphabet and then there was a time where we thought we're gonna have time left over. Turns out we ended on Z and that was the end of our show, we played the time perfectly. Even got a chance to kind of interview PK for a bit about what is going on at FFC. I'm sure that there will be yet another return engagement in the future. Bummer that Pink couldn't make it but we still had a blast.

Tonight the family went to the Jay Co. Fairgrounds and caught the Day of Fire show for FREE and it was a rockin' good time. They sounded good and put on a whale of a show, I'd defineately go see them again sometime. Got to talk to Josh Brown the lead singer for a few minutes, he used to be in a rock band called Full Devil Jacket and had drug problems but gave his live to Christ and started all over again, he has an awesome testimony. They played a new song called "The Darkest Hill" or something to that effect, it is about Christ going to the cross and it was amazing. I told him I'm playing that one on the radio when the cd comes out. It was a great song, I'm gonna have to check out YouTube to see if there is any footage of it.

Ready for the new series tomorrow, I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, I think this is going to be an awesome series and we are going to see lives changed. Ready to play tomorrow and after practice Thursday I'm ready to do You Are Here (The Same Power) in a couple of weeks, your gonna dig that one.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Derek,
What is the name of the second (I think) song today at church..."I want to serve you while I'm young..." or something like that?

Worship services were awesome today!
Thanks!

Derek Chalfant said...

It is a song called Whom Shall I Fear by Darrell Evans.