Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer is here, almost

Although the first day of summer is actually a few days away, the kids have started their summer vacation and I think they are enjoying it already. Taylor slept in til 9 am and Tyson is at his normal spot playing a little PlayStaion. This could turn into a normal routine for these two except for when band camp and band practice come up for Taylor. I on the other hand look forward to playing a little golf in the coming days or weeks depends on the job situation which is still at a stand still. I got a thing from Hickory Hills Golf Course via WLBC's half price hook-up which is where you get things half price. I got a $50 gift card for $25 so when I get it I will be enjoying some golf no matter how horrible I play I'll still enjoy it. I always have enjoyed playing even though I'm not that good but it seems like its hard to find time to go. When I worked at Twoson we'd have 1 or 2 outings a year, 1 for just Twoson and 1 for Twoson and our customers. They cut those a few years ago but I still enjoyed taking a day off with my boss and we'd go play 18 holes somewhere, Winchester, Selma, Hickory Hills and one time we went to Indy to play at William Sham, had to wear a shirt with a collar. I didn't go out last year and not sure if I made it out the year before and I know it has been around 5 years since I've played just a mile or so north of where I'm sitting so to say that I'm pumped is an understatement.

Something else I'm pumped about, the new series "Personal". I really enjoyed yesterday's messge and look forward to the next few weeks. I've been a christian for 20 + years and I can honestly say that alot of that time it was not personal. I never really thought about in that light most of the time but PK is right on when he talks about it being personal. I'm excited to see how God is gonna move during this time. Worship was good yesterday, I think everyone did a good job not only yesterday but last week as well, don't think I ever posted on last week. I'd post last weeks songs but I don't remember all of them, I'm getting old.

Sunday Set-List:
How Awesome Is The Lord Most High - Chris Tomlin
Whom Shall I Fear - Darrell Evans
How Marvelous (I Stand Amazed) - Chris Tomlin
Enough - Chris Tomlin
Came To My Rescue - Hillsong United
Arms Of Love - Craig Musseau
In The Secret - Sonicflood

0 comments: