Friday, June 12, 2009

Another year has passed.

As I type this it is 12:01 PM which means in 11 minutes I will officially be 41, another year has came and went and I don't know what happened to most of it, it seemed to just fly by. Why didn't the time go by this fast when I was in school? Alot happened during the year some good things and some bad things but chalk it all up to experience and move on is how I feel about it. I was sitting here thinking of past birthdays and I know we always had a little party and I got to thinking about my favorites and I narrowed it down to the 3 that stick out the most, and funny two of them have to do with the same thing.

My first would be my 12th B-day which would be 1980, my aunt worked at the bank in Winchester and got us 4 tickets to see the Reds take on my favorite team at the time the Pittsburgh Pirates, why were they my favorite team? Thats easy, Chuck my brothers fave was the Phillies so being the rivals that we were I followed their biggest rival at the time, the Pirates. Now I had been a Pirates fan for a few years and it just so happened that in '79 they won the World Series, the following year I got a chance to go see them in an afternoon special on my B-day, how cool is that. They beat the Reds of course and the game is memorable because one of the Pirates, Mike "The Hitman" Easler hit for the cycle that day. For those of you who don't know what that is it is when a batter hits a single, double, triple and a home run all in the same game, don't worry I didn't know what it was until that day either. Can't remember the score but that was fun seeing my heroes that day.

Second would be 6 years later at the same place but this time it was the Houston Astros taking on and beating the Reds. I got 4 tickets from someone and myself, Chuck, Scott Parkison and Monte Gaddis all headed down there to see the game and spend the night across the river in Kentucky. We had a blast except for walking to the game across the bridge over the Ohio River, not fun for two reasons, I don't like heights and I don't like big bodies of water. It was the longest 5 minutes of my life bt we made it and enjoyed the game.

Last would be just last year when Tammy and Mandy Bly cooked up this idea for a surprise party for Andy and myself for our 40th and they did surprise us. Because of that I am now suspicious when someone asks me to help move chairs at the church. Many were involved in the whold plan and played it out without us knowing, I still hope you all went to the alters that next day at church for the "deception" of the whole thing ;}. It was a cool day and I thank all who came out.

Tonight PK and possibly Pink will be joining me for a little A to Z on Solid Rock Friday Night from 8 to 11 on 88.9 Joy Fm or 889joyfm.com. Listen and play along with us as we are not asking for requests persay but for suggestions of artists with the corresponding letter. Should be fun and who knows what is going to happen. Tomorrow more radio from 12-3 and free concert featuring Day Of Fire tomorrow night at the Jay County Fairgrounds.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Happy birthday!!!

Sue said...

Happy 41st!

I can't believe you rooted against the Reds! LOL

Have fun on the radio tonight!