Sunday, May 31, 2009

Not a big fan of funerals

What a different weekend this was, Friday got to do a little radio which is nothing out of the ordinary nor the Saturday stint which both were fun and I enjoy each time I go over there but I also get critical of myself, as I'm sure alot of you do at your work or doing something you enjoy, and I think to myself how smooth or not so smooth my transitions were or how many times I say "UHM" that is one thing I try to mentally focus on not doing so when I do say UHM is sticks out to me. I love doing the radio gig and am really looking forward to Fri. June 12th when my compadres from a few weeks ago (PK & Pink) will be joining me again for 3 hours of mayhem and madness. I've got an idea for the show which I have not let them know yet but in due time I will let them know and we will have a blast. We need to work on radio nicknames for them for that show, I'm gonna be DJ JAZZY D-ROC, PROFESSOR OF ROCKTOLOGY. I know I'm a dork but oh well.

Wish that all those big nasty thunderstorms they were having around Indy last night would have been here but sometime. Tammy spent the day with our friend Aubery working on a couple of photo boards for Aub's grandmother who passed away last week for her funeral which was today. I was honored to be asked to be a palbearer for her and enjoyed hanging out with her and her family during this time. I'm still however not a fan of funerals or hospitals still though. Got a call tonight as well saying that my brother and his family were here in town for a few hours so it was good to see them for a bit. They are back on the road tomorrow to Va. Beach and home so it was a whirlwind trip for them but still good to see them.

I am so ready to get back to playing with the worship team as its been two weeks now that I've not played, they did an awesome job this morning, and also ready to get back into the youth group groove, had to miss the past two weeks but things should be back to normal next week whatever normal is.

0 comments: