Monday, April 6, 2009

TXT it.

I love the new series TXT and the use of technology to enhance something that has been around forever and something that we all far too often overlook and that is God's word, the bible. I enjoy the angle of this series and I hope that when it is all said and done that everyone who attends FFC will be deeply engaged in the word. Just imagine what would happen if we all dug in and started living out the word, it would be "OFF THE HOOK", so let's do it. There were alot of people at church yesterday, wow, what a great looking bunch and a loud bunch at that. Kind of a sneak preview of next Sunday, that place is gonna be packed and I for one am excited about that. I'm really excited that there are going to be people who don't normally go to church who are going to be there and hearing about Jesus, let's all pray that He moves within all who attend next Sunday, its not too early to start praying for those attending this week, in fact we should all be doing that everyday leading up to the service for God to do an amazing work this week. He is faithful and I'm ready to be blown away by what He has in store.

Music was fun yesterday, I enjoyed playing the bass and putting the low end in the music. Like I said earlier you all were LOUD during Mighty To Save, I love that when I can hear the congregation over us. Great times. Looking forward to next weeks worship, got the initial list of songs and I'm pumped because I have a feeling it's gonna be even LOUDER next week, got a couple of favorites lined up. I am getting this feeling, if you can't tell, that something big is on the horizon.

Today is opening day for Major League Baseball today and I'm ready to kick back and watch some games today, in school opening day was the day that Mom and Dad allowed me to skip school that day to stay home and watch. Now back then there was only the Reds to watch and if you know me I've never been a fan of them but it was baseball and good to watch, plus I got to root for the team they were playing so today I'll be pulling for the Mets, sorry Andy.

Sunday Set List:
Because He Lives - Gaithers (Not a Gaither fan but I liked the way this one was done)
Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew (Another fun one to play, Todd Agnew is one of Tammy's favorite artists, he's got a cool, deep voice but have you ever heard him talk????)
Made To Worship - Chris Tomlin (Haven't done this one in a while)
Give Me Jesus - Jeremy Camp (An Indiana boy)
Mighty To Save - Hillsong (This is one of about 5 or 6 songs that we could do every week and the reaction would be the same each week)
I Stand Amazed (How Glorious) - ? Chris Tomlin re-did it (I loved the accapella ending)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I am glad you are praying for Sunday's services already, too! My daughter and her boyfriend will be attending services on Easter with us (she lives in Bloomington and he lives in Brownsburg. This will be his first visit to our church) and I am praying their hearts will be receptive to the Word and Pastor Kris' sermon. Not only them, but all who attend this week...

Yes last week was a PACKED house. It was GREAT! Really looking forward to Easter services. Thanks again for your part in our worship service each week. It means so much to so many...

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't think I have heard Todd Agnew talk!

Have a great Easter :) Hope God blesses you all beyond belief.