Monday, April 27, 2009

Craziness continues

It's been a few days since my last post and its been nothing short of crazy around here since. Went to the station on Wednesday and met the guy who does the play by play for all the football and basketball games on JOY FM, I have worked with him for about 2 years and never met him face to face so I heard he was going to be there Wednesday for a bit so I went and hung out and talked to him for a few. Got a few ideas for the upcoming football season since I'll be on the board in the studio about some banter between the two of us, we will see how that goes.

Thursday and Friday I helped out with the sharathon answering phones and just having some fun, so much that I'll be back over there in the morning from 6-8 am doing it again. The station fell around $26,000 short of the goal so hopefully they can get that tomorrow. Went to see a buddy of mines son preform Friday night before he headed off to Nashville to pursue a career in music, good stuff. Tammy stayed the night with her aunt in the hospital then and I came home and got a call at 5 in the morning on Saturday saying that she, the aunt, had passed away. Came in got Tammy and came home to go to the station for the Saturday show, came home and went back to Muncie to go to a benefit for her aunt at their church, PK would have loved it southern gospel, a little bluegrass and a quartet. Not my cup of tea but it really wasn't bad.

Church and youth on Sunday and two of Tammy's cousins from Tenneesse came up and are spending a few days with us for the funeral so we hung out with them, cookout tonight, funeral tomorrow along with 2 meetings and then a little break, woohoo can't wait.

Sunday Set list:
Not To Us - Chris Tomlin (Seems like its been a while since we've done this)
Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) - Brian Doekerson (Been a while on this one as well)
My Glorious - Delirious (Did this one end amazing or what?)
I Give You My Heart - Hillsong (I thought Shannon did a great job on this one)
I Surrender All - Judson W. Van DeVenter (I like this one)
One Way - Hillsong United (I think this pumped the people up)

1 comments:

Sue said...

Derek,

Sorry to hear about Tammy's aunt. Please give her our sympathies.

Jim and I sure hope you come around to our way of thinking on bluegrass and bluegrass gospel! LOL