Thursday, April 16, 2009

Upcoming dates and weekend update

Some news for you and some dates to remember if you could, starting this Saturday April 18th from 12 noon to 3 pm I will be on the air every Saturday except for the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend on 88.9 JOY FM as the new host of that time period. I got the call a day ago asking if I would be interested in doing that and without hesitation I said yes. It's the perverbial foot in the door kind of thing and I am excited about being a part of the JOY FM family. Who knows where this will lead but I know God has that all under control so I'll just obey and have some fun with it. I'll still be doing the Solid Rock Friday Night thing, which by the way I'll be on tomorrow night from 8 to 9:30, and now Saturdays, that is just too cool. God is good even though I am undeserving alot of times.

So this weekend will be packed with radio tomorrow night, radio Saturday and all kinds of things for the kids to do that day and then church on Sunday and after service I'm heading out to the Winchester Speedway to check out the opening day races with the USAC Sprint Cars and CRA Late Models, I'll get to hang out with some old friends and catch up a bit and watch some good racing, then its probably off to youth for a bit before coming home and collapsing. Gonna be a fun weekend with lots to do, plus I hear the weather might actually cooperate and be nice.

1 comments:

This is Me... said...

Congratulations Derek - the radio gig is so awesome for you. You will definately be in your element. We'll keep praying...just keep listening!