Monday, February 16, 2009

Back to reality

Yesterday was a very rare day indeed. For the first time in I don't know how long I actually got to spend the day with my lovely wife with no where to go. Now I should have gone to youth group but I decided to take another week off from there to be able to spend the day with my wife. We have not had one of those days in like forever, normally there is somewhere to go, or something to do but yesterday was nice and relaxing for the most part. Got to hang out with Tammy and watch the Daytona 500 or 400 or 390 or whatever it ended up being and just chill out and snack and relax. I did run Taylor out to youth and Tammy went and picked her up and then the quiet, relaxing day quickly vanished as soon as Taylor got in the car. The day was not totally ruined but a damper was put on it for a bit. Teenagers, never happy or always feeling like the world and you are against them.

Service was good again yesterday and its kind of funny that one of the points I wrote down to work on was basically my relationship with the kids. We have alot of fun but I'll admit I get a little uptight quite often which can turn the whole day around. So I did get to work on that a bit later in the evening so that was good. Music yesterday was rockin' which is always good. I told Tammy I still don't know how to act or what to say besides thanks when someone comes up and says what a good job we did, I still get a bit embarassed and shy when someone does that. And yes it was I who planted the PEEPS for PK, someone let the cat out of the bag, dang, I was gonna play this one for a while putting them in different places each Sunday but alas now I can't because I was sold out. Oh well.

Today though is back to reality as I get to take the green car to the shop to see whats up with the check engine light and see what that is gonna cost us. I can tell them I popped the hood and I checked and the engine is still there so I don't know why I should check it, haha.
Sunday set list:
Days Of Elijah - Twila Paris (Oldie but a goodie)
My Glorious - Delirious (One of my faves from them, rocked it up a bit)
You Are My Portion - Darrel Evans (Only the 2nd time we've done this, I like it)
We Fall Down - Chris Tomlin (Liked the little twist on this with the start and finish)
Holy Holy Holy - Reginald Heber (Liked how Jennifer and Dave started this one at the end of We Fall Down)
Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin (Rocked it)

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Thanks again for the peeps!

Unknown said...

Great song selection Sunday. Braynt did an excellent job on "Days of Elijah". We are blessed with so much talent on the Worship Team.