Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday ramblings

Friday is always a great day because its the lead in to the weekend which in my book is always a good thing. I remember when I was working the first half of the day was always busy getting things caught up then the last half of the day was a little more subdued and dare I say it relaxing. Ah but those are just memories for now, I was encouraged this week while out looking for a job. Most places I have been to this past month have all pretty much said the same thing, "we're not hiring right now" or quite a few of them even have signs up saying they are not taking applications or resumes at this time. So it's a little frustrating going in knowing that chances are very slim that they will ever call and I think I'm learning to take rejection pretty well now. On Wednesday though there was a glimmer of hope, I went over to Union City to do some recording at the radio station and actually hung out there for a bit and had lunch with them there and when I left I stopped by a place to drop off a resume and the lady said why don't you go ahead and fill out an application as well, that was a first and it actually put a little pep in my step. Even I never hear from them it was a good morale boost.

Gonna meet Tammy for a little lunch today after I go over to Winchester to the license branch, seems someone here at the house, I won't mention any names but it was one of us who can drive and it wasn't me, put the little sticker you get when you renew your plates in the wrong place covering up the wrong thing. Now I get to go and fix it and put more stickers on the plate. Have you ever tried to get one of those stickers off, let me just tell you they don't come off and when they do they are in little pieces. Final game for the pep-band tonight, its senior night so that will be fun and enjoyable to watch. I hope MC can shake the funk they've been in for the past few weeks and bust out with a good game heading into sectional next week. I've really enjoyed going to most of the home games this year and even though I don't know these kids personally it seems like you do know them.

Had fun at worship practice last night, we mixed things up and moved around a bit and it was alot of fun, now how much of this will take place this Sunday remains to be seen but it was alot of fun. I get to play bass again this week and in the next few weeks I'll be playing it quite a few times as some shifting had to be done with the leaders for various reasons. I'm excited already for Sunday now.

0 comments: