Wednesday, February 25, 2009

COME UNDONE a lyrical study

There are ways I’ve fallen
There are times I’ve been so weak
There are moments when I hear redemption calling
But I’m too far down to speak

Chorus
Come sweet fire of mercy
Cover up my skin
Warm me like the sun
Won’t you let me in
To come, come undone

There are scars that I‘ve been hiding
There are ghosts that I do not claim
There are closets I do not care to open
They open all the same


These are lyrics from a song by a band called Jackson Waters and the song is called "Come Undone" which I think is a cool song. It also makes me think that this could be a good message some Sunday. I look at this song 2 different ways. The first verse makes me think that we are so incomplete and some people think that they cannot come to God until they have it all together, which we all know very seldom do we have it all together, so I look at this verse as I'm coming to you God as an "undone" person.

Verse 2 reminds me of more after we have come to Christ that sometimes we have things that bind us, things that have us addicted, and just our own faults and that we need to come and have all these things broken and taken away and to "come undone" from all these things that hold us back or down. Anyone have any opinions or see this song in a different light than what I do?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that album Derek. Must put it on the iPod again soon. Thanks for reminding me :)

As to opinions, I like your analysis