Monday, February 2, 2009

Love the weather not the effects

I've said it before and I'll say it again I enjoy all 4 seasons that we experience here in Indiana. I have always had a fondness for snow, I get that from Grandma C, so this time of year I love the weather but not the effects. In the Chalfant house the past week or so we have passed around a cold, Tyson started it late last week, Tammy got it in the middle of the week and now I have latched on to it. I have been attempting to go on like there is nothing wrong but it is slowly catching up to me. Right now I feel like I have a 100 lb. head with a ton of pressure just waiting to come out. Bad thing is nothing is coming out. It will soon be gone and I'll be glad and hope that no more sickness hits the house for awhile.

Had some fun last night at youth while I was there, left at half-time cause I felt like crud and so did Tyson. It was fun to play around with the new soundboard and speakers that were up and running. I am getting excited about the media area and what it will be like as it is coming together. If you don't know already the new youth room, the 3:7, rocks. There was plenty of good food and great times last night and the game wasn't too bad either. The commercials were ok for the most part, there were some good ones, the snow globe Doritos one was my fave, and then there were the Go Daddy ones that keep pusing the envelope each year. When is it going to end.

Yesterday service was good and that was a good series, now I'm ready for the next one. It is amazing to see God moving in our neck of the woods. Talked with PK last night and totally missed the Perry Noble reference he gave during offering, I saw and heard what he said but didn't make the connection until he mentioned it at youth. Songs used yesterday were:

Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin/Matt Maher
Prince Of Peace (You Are Holy) - Micheal W. Smith
Here Is Our King (chorus) - David Crowder*Band
Mighty To Save - Hillsong
Here I Am To Worship - Tim Hughes
Shout To The Lord - Hillsong
You Alone - David Crowder*Band

1 comments:

David said...

On days like today, I want some of the snow and ice...it didn't get below 80F here last night...we're all drained of energy.

Great set list for last weekend too - no matter how hot or cold, worship refreshes me, God is SO good