Monday, February 23, 2009

Looking in the rearview mirror

Looking back at the weekend that was it went by way too fast. Saturday Tammy and Taylor took off for Muncie around 10 in the morning and didn't get back til 6:30 or so, it was cool for them to have a mother-daughter day, Taylor got a hair cut and then they hung out until it was time for them to go to a girl scout cookie thingy. They ended up staying for the duration and met up with Tyson and myself at the church for the always enjoyable chicken noodle dinner. This was the last one til October and I'm gonna miss the good food but alas it will be October before you know it. It was a good chance for people to take a closer look at the new building and see what all we have to offer especially for the youth and kids, you do realize that they will be our leaders before you know it, sorry for the reality killer but hey its gonna happen.

Church was enjoyable and music was good even though for some reason I was struggling through God Of Wonders, don't know how many times I've played that but I was having a bit a trouble yesterday. Nate and Nate's song went over well and I can see that being done again. Have I ever mentioned that I dig the Jackson guitar I have, I always enjoy playing that one, wonder if I could ever get an endorsement deal with them and get all kinds of free guitars...hmmm. Youth was fun it seems like I haven't been there forever. Played a scavenger hunt with digital cameras and that was fun. I was digging the snow last night but I must admit it's almost March which means spring so I'm starting to get to the point where its time to move on to the next season, now saying that I could still go for another big snow though.

Sunday set list:
Sing, Sing, Sing - Chris Tomlin (A newbie, went over pretty well)
God Of Wonders - Third Day (see above)
You Are - Nate and Nate (Another newbie and see above)
He Is Exhalted - Twila Paris (Once again another newbie)
Above All - Micheal W. Smith (Been a while since we've done this one)
Majesty - Jack Hayford (did you know that if you spelled it backwards its Ytsejam, how do I know that? One of the bands I used to follow quite extensively Dream Theater used to be called Majesty and had an instrumental called Ytsejam and that is also the name of their own record label in which they release all kinds of cds ranging from demos to bootleg concerts to complete cover albums. I know mindless rambling.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny seeing a song like He Is Exalted listed as a newbie...but I know if we did it in our church it would be the same case of me being the only one who's ever heard it.

Glad Nate&Nate's song went well. Missing nathanhasasong...tell him to find a new internet source quick ;)

And I never knew Dream Theater were called Majesty before, let alone the Ytsejam thing...ha!

Unknown said...

I think we have one more chic& noodle dinner in March and then off for summer.So your tummy has one more feast. Loved the songs from Sunday and no one but you knew you were having trouble.Mom