Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Little reading

For the past couple of nights during my bible reading I've been in 2 Kings reading about kings. There were quite a few of them and I noticed a recurring theme. After it said who the king was and who his father was and how long they were king it almost always seemed to say "and he did evil in the eyes of the Lord." It was refreshing last night to read about a king who actually went in and took all the things that these other kings had done and tried to right them all in God's eyes. It makes me wonder something that I wonder about people today and that is why don't they GET IT? What is it that they don't or can't see? I do know one thing I can't wait to get to heaven and ask someone from those days where in the world they got those names from. So in closing I challenge all who read this to if you don't or aren't reading your bible to dive in and check it out.

0 comments: