Monday, July 30, 2007

Where to start.

What a great weekend and like I told Tammy last night why couldn't the weekend last about 7 or 8 more days? Friday was cool got to to see Apologetix again in Union City with Andy. Good show, they had an opening act called ILIA which is hebrew for God is Lord. The band is made up of 5 girls age 18-21 from Arkansas and let me tell you they ROCK. I really dug them and they have a cd coming out around September so I'll be getting that. Got to hang out and talk with J and Karl from Apologetix and Karl even gave us the grand tour of the new tour bus. I'm sure I'll go see them again when they come back around for the 7th time.

Saturday got up at 10:30 and didn't do much until I took the kids to the VBS kickoff at the Winchester Pool. Hung out with Andy, David, JD, and James talking sports and stuff having a good time, then went to Tammy's brothers for a cookout and more swiming for the kids at 10 pm.

Sunday went to church and heard an awesome message from Ryan, it was on the 4 stages of spiritual growth and I can see myself in 2 of them (child and young man) but longing and wanting to be in the Father stage. I will make it there. Took Taylor up to Quaker Haven to camp with the McAllisters following us up there, hung out with the girls for a while as they got settled in. Join me in praying for Taylor, Rylan, Abby, and Emily that this will be more than just camp, that they grow closer to the Lord in every aspect. Left and went to the Outback with the McAllisters, it was a bummer that the Silvers' and Roberts couldn't join us but I know all of them were celebrating Tony's win at the Brickyard in their own way. Just a good weekend and looking forward to VBS this week and seeing kids lifes changed.

Music went pretty good yesterday with doing 3 songs that I don't remember ever being done before. My fingers were like lead during "Lifesong" and wouldn't work right but we got through it all right. Ready for next week now to see what happens next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - I'll give you the Brickyard. It's good to see an Indiana guy take the home race and I'd MUCH rather it be 20 than 24!

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I was cheering, more in mourning that 8's motor crashed. At least it was an Indiana guy and Harvick didn't win, but don't tell Randy

Monica

Derek Chalfant said...

Angel, Deep down I know you were pulling for the 20, all race. David didn't call in sick this morning to head to Columbus to hang out with Tony did he?

Monica, I think the 8 has been getting 2nd rate equipment since he said he was leaving. So are you going to be a big Hendrick backer now or did he go to the enemy?

Anonymous said...

Derek,

Love the driver, hate the team.

Monica