Tuesday, July 31, 2007

So long Tony

If there ever was a mayor of Farmland it would have been Tony Mills. I don't think there were too many people in town that he did not know. It wasn't uncommon to go up to the VP and him be sitting up there talking to everyone that came in. Asking me about my uncle Jerry or if my brother was still in Austrialia or if the Braves were going to get in the playoffs. He would of made a fine greeter at church. If you don't know he passed away late last week and will be laid to rest today. I've basically known him all my life from running around with my uncle to being a coach of my little league team. He was a coach for many years even though he never had a child to play he was out there helping us out. God bless you Tony.

1 comments:

me said...

Derek: I'm a reporter at The Star Press and am working on a story about Tony Mills. Would you please contact me? My email is jleiker(at)muncie.gannett.com, and my phone is 213-5825.