Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Songs I wish I had wrote

As someone who is finding their way through a musical journey I have written a few tunes and I often hear a song and think man I wish I wrote that song. Now I know God uses each one of us differently and has equiped us with talents and such to bring Him glory. Maybe someday I'll write something and someone will think I wish I wrote that. I want to make it clear that I don't mean that from an ego standpoint, I do hope and I do not want an ego of any type. Anywho without further ado here are some songs that I wish I had written:

To Hell With The Devil - Styrper. Very bold and upfront song.
Leaving 99 - Audio Adrenaline. Simple song taken from a parable from Matthew.
This Man - Jeremy Camp. A great song with a great question "Would you take the place of this man?"
Awesome God - Rich Mullins. This is a song where all you have to do is sing the chorus.
Arms Spread Out - Unsealed. From the worship team of a few years ago probably my favorite song they wrote, wish we would have done it more.
Jesus Freak - DC Talk. Once again just a right in your face bold statement.
Breakfast - Newsboys. Who knew you could take something most people do everyday and make it into a quirky little number "You know they don't serve breakfast in hell."
Thief - Third Day. My new favorite song that they do. Written from the perspective of one of the criminals crucified with Christ who stood up for Him.

Looks like a good set list for some Sunday, the thought of the looks on some face when "To hell with the devil" would ring out. Nothing wrong with going against the grain a bit.

0 comments: