Monday, December 1, 2008

Back at it

Back here at work after 9 days off and let me tell you, its hard right now to get back into the swing of things. Just about the time I'm back in the swing we will be taking another break this time for 2 weeks as of now, that can all change but right now it doesn't look like it will. That will be real hard to come back from 14 days away but I'll manage. There is a blizzard of paperwork here on the old desk and I've got to get last month closed out and then concentrate on this month, wow it's December, where did the year go?

Church was different yesterday and I mean that in a good way, Francis Chan is an amazing speaker. Everything I've heard has just been off the hook. I could listen to him and Perry Noble, Steven Furtick, Ed Young, Charles Hill, Shannon O'Dell, & Brian Houston as well as PK and our pastoral staff everyday. Amazing men of God. Youth was fun and the excitement of the new room is growing each day, I'm pumped to check it out. Had quite a few kids last night and I'm sure in the coming weeks there will be more and I pray that they will be hooked on youth not just because of the cool room and all the people hanging out but also get hooked on Jesus.

Braved the crowds for a short bit Friday morning, our morning started at around 4:30 in Wal-Mart with a coat for Tyson and we were out of there at about 10 after 5. Saw the Skillman's there and they had been there since 10 pm Thanksgiving night, now thats insane. Left there to go to Target and the parking lot was pretty empty then we noticed that they didn't open until 6 and the line to get in went around the building. Went to eat instead then came back and the place was packed and what we went for was gone so we were back home around 6:45 and back in bed by 7 and ended up spending less then $20 for the day.

Sunday songs:
Trading My Sorrows - Darrel Evans
Lord, Reign In Me - Brenton Brown
King Of Glory - Chris Tomlin
Come, Thou Fount - Robert Robinson
Here I Am To Worship - Tim Hughes
Glorious - Chris Tomlin
Joy To The World - ? and not 3 Dog Night

1 comments:

Keym said...

I love that you were back in bed by 7! No shopping for me because I had to work. Since we don't have kids it makes it a bit easier to avoid BLACK FRIDAY.