Monday, December 29, 2008

Yet another weekend wrap-up

Did something yesterday I haven't done in quite some time, I played bass for the worship team. It has been well over a month since I had the bass out and for all intents and purposes I was ready to sell it to get other toys but now I think I will not be doing that because it will be getting some use in the next few weeks. On the new schedule for the worship team I'll be on bass every third week. I really enjoyed playing the old thing again and I'm looking forward to the next time. The bass seems comforting to me and holds a special place in the old heart because if it were not for the bass I would not be part of the worship team. That was my start a few years ago and have alot of good memories of those early days stepping out and getting uncomfortable. One of my fondest memories was I believe it was the first time I played in front of people was doing "Days Of Elijah" and Ryan McAllister was playing the REAL drums which I was standing next to and when we got to the "No God like Jehovah" part he started just pounding those things and I could feel it pounding in my chest and I was like "Yeah, this is cool". I miss the real drums, they made such a difference sound wise.

Did a double dose of youth yesterday with both jr. high and high school. There was alot of students there yesterday and I'm looking forward to next week when the new room opens up. After service yesterday went to the new Pizza Hut in Winchester with the Bly's and Brincefield's and enjoyed some time out with other families eating lotsa pizza and drinking lots of diet dew watching the Worlds Strongest Man Competition. Those guys are flat nuts.

Sunday set list
All We Need - Charlie Hall
Better Is One Day - Matt Redman
Grace Like Rain - Todd Agnew
It Is Well - Forget the guy but remember the story
King Of Glory - Chris Tomlin
Oh Praise Him - David Crowder Band* (just got his live cd/dvd and it rocks)
Joy To The World - ? (final Christmas song I think)

1 comments:

Keym said...

So what happened to the "real" drums