Monday, December 15, 2008

Love/Hate relationship

I've been having a little relational issues going on between myself and my guitars here lately. In the last 2 weeks I think I have pulled them out of the case maybe twice if even that. Not playing in the worship team last week wasn't a big deal, it was my scheduled week off so I was ready for that and thought I'd pull it out when I found out what songs we we're doing this week (yesterday). Then after scheduling issues for some of us it was decided to do a stripped down version which is cool, so they stayed wrapped up nice and cozy for another week. I did play for a bit on Saturday which was cool but lately I've not been excited about playing. Mainly because I'm going through one of those periods where my hands and mind are not on the same page, I know what I want to do and what I need to do but that information does not make it to where it needs to go. Plus it hasn't helped that we have been really busy for the last couple of weeks so there is not enough time. Here in a couple of days I'll probably pick it back up and have at it and hopefully it will be with renewed confidence, which I've been lacking for a couple of weeks.

I'm getting a bit excited about watching Tyson play his first ball game today, Tammy asked him if he was nervous for the game and he said no he's played in front of people at the Y before. Good answer. I hope he gets some playing time today and most importantly has some fun. After his game we will make the long trek down the road between schools and go watch Taylor cheer for the 8th grade girls BB team. Should be a fun filled evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pick 'em up, play. There are many of us with no musical talent and are in awe of those who can. You have the talent to praise God in a way most of us can't.

Kris Sorensen said...

Looking forward to seeing you back on the stage at church playing guitar soon. If you ever do decide to lay down the guitar - go out with style and smash your guitar while on stage... that would rock!