Monday, December 8, 2008

Different this weekend

Did something yesterday that I have never done before and after doing it I would like to do it again sometime. I'll start off by saying that I had the week off from the worship team so we got to church a little later than normal so I was hanging out and I saw Stephen Price up at the soundboard so I thought I'd go say hey. When I got up there he asked me if I was doing anything today and if I wanted to help them out. So I agreed and we discussed what they needed help with and I accepted the position of "director" for the internet broadcast and DVD's. Let me just say that I had a blast and it was good to see the service from a different perspective. I really enjoyed that and hopefully there will be a chance to do it all again sometime. It was a little hectic at first having to watch the levels of audio during the service and watching what the cameras were shooting and to try not to get a camera that was moving in and out on the shot, but I got the hang of it and really enjoyed it. I do wish that I had contact with the people running the cameras so I could let them know when to zoom in and when to zoom out. If you watched online yesterday or if you get a DVD of the service I hope you enjoy it and its easy to watch.

Spent a bit of the afternoon at my nephews birthday party having some fun watching him and hanging with the family. Youth was fun as I sat in on half of junior high and then the regular high school one. I did have a bit of fun when Taylor and I finally got there as they were playing Sanctuary DodgeBall, we went to the doors on the side of the sanctuary and waited for someone to lean on them and when they did I opened them and they about fell out so that was funny on my part and it freaked them out.


Didn't even leave the house Saturday which was enjoyable, stayed home watched sports and watched it snow. Friday I finished up the basketball game on JOY FM and then did Solid Rock Friday Night which was fun. Had a couple of requests so that is always good. Had a brief brain fart at the start of the show as Ryan was signing off of the ball game I was playing the outro and waiting for him to hang up so I could as well and he thought someone else was in the studio so I was trying to talk to him but couldn't remember how to get him in my headset and get him to hear me so I forgot to get everything turned on and in its place so the first bit of the first song played was not heard. Got it all under control and made it through except for the TobyMac Christmas song which was a little weak for SRF but its all good.

1 comments:

Keym said...

That's cool that you got to experience something new on Sunday!