Monday, March 2, 2009

Have you ever.....

Anyone out there ever had a day where you did not get dressed or leave the house and you weren't even sick? Had one of those days Saturday and it was very enjoyable. Lounged around all day in our pj's and the only time I even went outside was to take the trash out. Those days don't happen too often and Tammy has been wanting one of them forever, seems like there is always something to do or somewhere to go but we got lucky this weekend with nothing on Saturday. Now who knows when the next time we will get to do something like this but granted we will be counting down. I know some of you might say that we wasted away a perfectly good day and maybe we did but sometimes you need a good battery recharge and thats what we got.

Sunday was alot more eventful and packed, went to church and can I just say that it is an honor to serve at such a cool church. I remember as a child not looking forward to Sundays cause we "HAD" to go to church but now my attitude is that I "GET" to go to church every Sunday. It is a highlight of every week and I can't wait to get back next Sunday. It was fun to play bass again this week and even funner, yes I said funner, to move around and get a different prespective playing on the other side of the stage this week. Next week I'll move back to the "ROCK" side of the stage and bring it. The song we did for offering I have never heard of before Thursdays practice, I think it is obviously a hymn because Jennifer knew it. It was good to have a piano back for a few songs and just to shake things up a bit with the switching around. Youth was fun, they played a game called TOAST where a piece of toast was put in the toaster and we went around the room with each student stating a fact about themselves and when the toast popped up whoever was speaking or supposed to speak got to pick a bag and whatever was in that bag was spread on the toast. There were a few surprises, cheeses, spreads and wacked out stuff to choose from. Good times.

Sunday Set List:
All We Need - Charlie Hall (first time I've played bass on this one I think)
How Awesome Is The Lord Most High - Chris Tomlin (see above)
Fill My Cup, Lord - Richard Blanchard (see text)
Give Us Clean Hands - Charlie Hall (always have liked this song)
Just As I Am - Daniel Baker
40 - U2 (Jennifer calls this the tax song, "did you get your U240 filled out this year?")

0 comments: