Sunday, May 3, 2009

Com'on rock, rock, rock

Couldn't resist a little tribute to some good old Stryper with the title, speaking of rock had alot of fun Friday night, for the most part, over at the station with Kyle Parkison and Matt Thornburg. They both had fun I think, they kept thanking me all night so I think that means they had fun, and both did a good job even though they both messed up the name of the show. Brought the rock and had quite a few requests from calls from some we knew and some we didn't. Had a call from a girl in Chicago listening online requesting a song for her sister in Greenville, OH. The only part of the night that wasn't cool was when the car messed up coming home. It would die and then keep going all in a matter of seconds if that makes any sense. The car spent the night over in D & J Resturants parking lot thanks to Tammy coming over at midnight and getting us. Ready for next Friday night when there will be 2 more guest hosts with me. I'll let you all in on who later in the week.

Had fun again Saturday with the show, I'm trying to figure out little things to do each week that maybe could be something I do every week. Of course its a different flow then Friday night but still fun none the less. Who knows where it will lead but I'm really enjoying the chance to have a little fun for a couple hours on a Saturday.

Church was good again this morning, the beach ball thing at the begining was so cool, hopefully we can do that again sometime. Nathan did a good job with his first time leading and PK brought it and I'm up for the challenge of using my time wisely this week. Now its almost youth time, think I might hang out with the junior highers tonight as well.

Sunday Set list:
Days Of Elijah - Twila Paris
Shout Unto God - Hillsong United
Hallelujah (Your Love Is Amazing) - Brian Doekerson
I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever - Delirious
You Are/Jesus Messiah - Nate & Nate/Chris Tomlin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So which Nathan was it leading for the first time Derek? (asks the ignorant Aussie...hahaha)

And while I'm here, just gotta say - I miss Delirious?. That's all.

Bless ya

Derek Chalfant said...

David, That would be Nathan Harris, you know he has a song. Just kidding.