Monday, May 18, 2009

Hey I'm blogging.

It seems here recently that I am not blogging as much as I used to, don't know if I've ran out of stuff to say or just get preoccupied with other things, I'm going with the latter. Been an interesting few days here. I got to fill in for Joel Brantingham on the Workday Wrap-Up Friday on Joy FM and had alot of fun doing those duties and then when I got home there was a message on the machine from the guy who was going to do Solid Rock Friday Night saying that he wasn't able to be there and wanted to know if I could fill in. So Taylor and her friend Emily and myself all piled back into the car and made a B line over there to do SRF. Had a good time with that, I let the girls do some announcing but I think they were in for a speed record each time as it took under 5 seconds each time they were on the air until the last little segment where it was about 10 seconds. I think they had fun with it and Taylor wants to do that more often and I'm sure I'll be taking her back with me. That was the 3rd week in a row that I did all 3 hours of the show with 6 different guest hosts. I'll be handling the show again on my birthday June 12 with PK as a host and we are working on Pink to go with us again and have some more fun. This time I'll be sure and talk a little bit about thier ministries like I had planned to do last time but craziness insued.

I already love the new series at FFC "FEAR", yesterday's message was spot on. I do not want to be known as a man pleaser but a GOD PLEASER no matter the cost. Too many times we as christians forget that and try to do everything we can to make everyone around us happy and comfortable when we should be doing what GOD wants us to do which doesn't always make people happy and comfortable. Christians (and myself included) need to stop being yellow bellied cowards and live our lives in a way that is pleasing to GOD and not man. I really dug the Perry Noble references that PK used yesterday (the christian music one and $100 bill one) as he is a straight shooter who has one purpose and one purpose only and that is to get as many people as possible to change thier eternal destinations and I think that is what PK wants to do as well. I'm bummed that we are going to miss next Sunday's message, gonna have to put an order in for the DVD, as we are heading down south for a few days.

Sunday Set list:
I Will Not Be Silent - David Crowder*Band
Lord Reign In Me - Brenton Brown
Came To My Rescue - Hillsong United
You Are My Portion - Darrel Evans
Thank You - David Crowder*Band
Came To My Rescue - Hillsong United (I have a feeling this is another one of those songs that could be huge on alot of Sundays)

0 comments: