Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tear Down The Walls

I am super pumped, the new Hillsong United CD is out today and it is called "Tear Down The Walls". I listened to a sneak preview of the cd Sunday night thanks to Carlos Whitaker who hosted a listening party and chat which was fun. Today I got to listen to it again, not because I went out and bought it, I haven't yet and don't know when I will, but because it is the free preview from New Release Tuesday and if you want to check it out go over there and sign up, its free and you can enjoy it as well. After listening to it there are alot of songs on there that we could do on any given Sunday but my favorite is the title track. I went to You Tube yesterday to see if there were any vids of this song and there wasn't but they did have the audio of the song on there if you'd like to check it out that way. Be warned that it is a 10 minute song but also be warned that it is one of the most POWERFUL 10 min. song you'll ever here. WOW just a flat out worshipful song. Here are the lyrics for it:

Verse 1
Tear down the walls, see the world
Is there something we have missed
Turn from ourselves, look beyond
There is so much more than this

Pre-Chorus
And I don't need to see it to believe it
I don't need to see it to believe it
Cause I can't shake this fire deep inside my heart

Verse 2
Look to the skies, hope arise
See His majesty revealed
More than this life, There is love, there is hope
And this is real

Chorus
This life is Yours
And hope is rising
As Your glory floods our hearts
Let love tear down these walls
That all creation
Would come back to You
It's all for You

Chorus 2
Your Name is glorious, glorious
Your love is changing us, calling us
To worship in spirit and in truth
As all creation returns to You

Bridge
Oh for all the sons and daughters
Who are walking in the darkness
You are calling us to lead them back to You
We will see Your spirit rising
As the lost come out of hiding
Every heart will see this hope we have in You


Great song and I hope you enjoy it if you get a chance to check it out. Also check on the side bar go down to Earl aka Jamie Rowe and check out a post on his blog, its about 3 or 4 posts in and it is called "Sick of going to church" its a bit or a read but it is full of honesty and some good little nuggets. Enjoy.

0 comments: