Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Apologetix show


Well the first christian rock show ever at FFC, to the best of my knowledge, is just a little over a week away. Ticket sales are starting to finally go, and the day is getting near. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet now is a good time. These guys will appeal to all ages, going back to some classic rock for the older generation, songs that are out now for the younger crowd, and even dare I say it a country song or two. They cover it all from rock to metal to rap to country. Very nice guys and talented as well. Looking forward to working with them on the 4th. It is my vision that this is only the beginning. My dream is to be able to bring all kinds of christian artists to the area, not just at FFC but to the community in general. My ulitmate goal is to have a big Saturday all day festival with about 7-10 bands for FREE. That would be cool. For now though it has been fun working on this show and I hope and pray that all goes smooth and it is a very enjoyable evening for all. Remember to listen to Solid Rock Friday Night again this Friday from 8-10 on 88.9 JOY FM for more ticket giveaways. Tell all your friends, neighbors, coworkers, enimies anyone you can about next Friday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that they are LOUD! Very LOUD! Just thought I'd throw that in!

Derek Chalfant said...

I have heard it said before "If its too loud, your too old." So my question is what is wrong will being LOUD.

Kris Sorensen said...

I didn't know they played some country music too... oh my, that changes everything. Will they take requests? Like, "don't play any country music". Can they be bribed not to sing through their nose, play the banjo, and sing with a twang? =)

Derek Chalfant said...

No banjo's but if they get their violin back they'll probably do "Devil Went Down To Jordan" though, I'll have to talk to them about the no country rule we have.