Thursday, April 19, 2007

Band practice

I always look forward to Wednesday night and band practice. If you would have told me a couple of years ago that I would actually be playing music with other people I would have given you the old "right" answer thinking this person is off of their rocker. But I enjoy practice no matter how bad it sounds or how many mistakes are made it always seems that it gets pulled together on Sunday. Last night was different, we took a new approach. We would work on a song than throw around some ideas of little changes like how about just drums and bass here, just the women singing there, come in with loud distortion there (my personal favorite) and just tweeking things. It took a little longer than normal but the end result is something that I think those of you who show up Sunday will enjoy. Alot of the songs fit with the message that Pastor Kris will be bringing and I know a few of the songs we are doing always goes over great.

We ended the evening with Ryan and I working on a song that is totally scripture based because its straight scripture. I had a little music thing I was working on and played for him, he put the meledy together and bam song started. Next week will work on it some more and then let you all hear not to long after that. Countdown is on til Sunday now.

0 comments: