Friday, April 13, 2007

Busy weekend

I am ready for a busy weekend. Tonight Tammy and Taylor have a girl scout lock-in while Tyson and I will be home in front of the tube watching the ATF Battlecry from Detroit. GOD TV will be showing the entire event both tonight starting at 7 and tomorrow from 10 am to 10 pm taking breaks for the lunch and dinner time. I'm excited to see Hillsong United, they are leading worship there this weekend, POD, Hawk Nelson and others plus good speakers and the best thing is seeing lives being changed. Tomorrow I have a retreat to go to which will be fun, not really knowing what to expect but I know God will open us up and soak in everything I can.

Sunday of course is church and I'm excited to hear PK's message after checking out his blog on what to expect. After seeing that blog and reading Perry Nobles yesterday I think it is important to get our focus where it needs to be............. JESUS CHRIST and how his life has changed ours. I know from experience that being up there playing during worship that sometimes I get caught up in "Wow there are alot of people here watching, I hope it sounds good, I hope they like loud, etc..." But what I need to focus on is as Perry put it THE AUDIENCE OF ONE, Jesus Christ. I find alot when I'm fixated on what others think is when I mess up the most but when I focus my attention and worship to Christ there is that connection.

Sunday night Taylor and I will meet up with J-Red and Ty and go see Toby Mac, Thousand Foot Krutch, Building 429 and Family Force 5 at Anderson. Should be a good show, I love concerts. Then back to work hopefully putting all I learn and see this weekend into practice.

0 comments: