Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend observations

What a great message this weekend and how cool was it to see so many people come forward to break the addictions. I know I have 2 people to help along the way of fighting addictions. God moves in such amazing ways and in a powerful way. I know that there are plenty more people who were at the services who didn't drop the addictions but I pray that God continues to work on them and that they do turn it all over to God.

From a playing standpoint Saturday still bugs me. I don't know if it was just me or something else but the music just seemed forced. It didn't flow like it should have and I don't know if it was me because I'm not used to playing with them or what but I appologize for my end.

Sunday was good, I felt more comfortable and really enjoyed playing. I was a little nervous with the chorus for Your Love O' Lord when I came in with the heavy distortion, I didn't know how people would react with going from mellow to heavy, went well though I think. Got quite a few comments that the music rocked and they enjoyed it. Give Us Clean Hands is just an awesome song, you could really feel His presence. After service as I was packing up I had a nice conversation with Kris' wife and daughter Shelby, what a cute little girl. I hope she got her push-up yesterday after her run.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Derek,

Great job on the distortion, I, for one, loved it! Shelby did get her push up, and she got her push up all over her.

Derek Chalfant said...

Isn't that how they are best. I remember the first half of the push up was easy to eat it was that second part that went everywhere. Does she make cars out of the containers? There is plenty more distortion and other various sounds still waiting to break out at the right time.