Sunday, March 15, 2009

I think there might be some pain in the future

Played a little football tonight at youth and I'm fairly cetain that I'll be paying for it tomorrow. My knees are a little achey right now and after a good nights rest I think they will be stiff and sore in the morning. Ah the price you pay for being old and not giving in to it. Had fun playing electric again today, normally when Brent is leading it is my week to play bass but this week he decided he wanted some electric to boost things up a bit and I was happy oblige. Got to play one of my all time favorites "He Reigns" which is a simple 3 chord song but I like the little effect I use on the intro and verses, kind of a little wah/delay/flanger kind of thing for those of you who speak guitar. I think Jeff did a great job this morning with his message and I look forward to next week and hearing part 2.

It is a good time of year now with the NCAA basketball tourney firing up this Thursday, it has got to be the best at determining a national champion, all it takes is a team to get hot and roll off 6 wins. I'm sure I'll be filling out some brackets online and having some fun.

Sunday Set List:
Oh Praise Him - David Crowder*Band (always have liked this one)
King Of Glory - Chris Tomlin (I liked how we went right into this one)
Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble - Delirious (I liked the quick little distortion parts)
My Hope Is In You - Third Day (another fun little diddy)
All Who Are Thirsty - Vinyard/Kutless (Good tune)
Our God Reigns - Jonathan Thatcher/Delirious (This song could go on forever and I mean that in a good way)
He Reigns - Newsboys (see above)

0 comments: