Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's time to wake up.

Unfortunately I had to wake up this morning but that is not what this post is about. I was up til well past 1 am last night with all kinds of thoughts going through my mind, I really thought about doing this post early in the a of m but decided to wait and I really wish I would have because right now I can't remember alot of what I was thinking but I do know this........we as christians, Christ followers and or church goers have to realize this one very important and yet simple little fact---church is not about US. Church is all about Jesus and leading people to him not about the musics too loud, the don't play anything I know, why are they using videos, no one came to shake my hand, there is someone sitting where I always sit, the thing that I focus on during worship is gone, (to that I say shouldn't you be focasing on God during your worship and not some object?) why is he preaching on money, I don't like to hear those kinds of messages. Uh NEWSFLASH McFLY, those are the messages you probably need to hear. It's not OUR church, IT BELONGS TO GOD. Why do people constantly complain about services and the way they are done and or if changes are made. Here is a little quote I heard "A person who is uncomfortable with change will NEVER be comfortable hearing the voice of God" I don't think for one second that God wants us to coast, take it easy or just plain go through the motions.

I don't think God is sitting up in heaven going "you know I think it's going to be crowded in here someday so I don't need anymore people." And if we coast then we are probably not reaching anyone and that my friends is not good. Something I heard that just stopped me in my tracks and in my mind I thought "WHAT?" and I probably had a look of dumbfoundness, but it was said "I think we grew too fast" and I thought you got a problem with that? That should be the very thing we long for, that people who are searching for the answer come every Sunday and come in droves, I hope and pray that every Sunday we have to search around for chairs for people to sit in. Wake up people. I'll leave you with a little quote from Steven Furtick and its the kind of passion and drive that I hope our church has, "We're charging the gates of hell with squirtguns, whose with us?"

2 comments:

Chuck Chalfant said...

you nailed it! i pray for the wake up.

Anonymous said...

We've grown too fast? Well, what about the church in the book of Acts? I suppose there were a few whiners then too. Unfortunately there will always be some whining and complaining Christians, my prayer is, God give us wisdom and perseverance to not let the whiners discourage us from growing and reaching out to a lost and dying world, yes, right on our doorstep world!