Monday, March 9, 2009

Radio, family time, sectional, church and other stuff

A whirlwind of a weekend is now but a distant memory but it was very enjoyable from start to finish. Started out Friday by doing the first hour and a half of Solid Rock Friday Night or as I like to call it now the "SRF" and had a great time. Not many phone calls this time in fact I only had 2, both were for requests and one of them also was to win tickets to a concert. Tried to give away a cd and no one called. Had a blast, PK twittered another request which I graciously obliged and let him proceed to blow his speakers, have to ask him about it sometime, now I can rock it out to blow speakers but I get home and Tammy and Taylor both said I didn't ROCK very much, WHAT????? I guess I have been challenged to bring the rock when I go back over there on the 20th. You want rock, you got it.

Saturday was fun, on what was planned to be another stay at home and veg out day turned into alot of fun. Went grocery shopping, I know your thinking I thought he said fun, I did and I enjoy grocery shopping alot. Had alot of fun as a family just out and about tricking Tyson, he saw a LEGO he wanted for $6 and since Taylor and I were going to the game later that night we decided to get it for him. He looked at it and I then looked at it and acted like I put it back but instead gave it to Tammy who hid it. Now he decided to look at it again and noticed he couldn't find it, told him there must have been someone else looking at it. He was kinda bummed in a way throughout the rest of the store until we got up to the registar and paid then the lady handed him the bag with that in there, MOOD SWING. Taylor and I went to the game and in all my years of high school we never won a sectional but we did Sat. and I was glad to see that. Good luck MC at the regionals.

Church and youth were both excellent last night, I got to spend alot of time just hanging out with a couple of new kids, one is from Hagerstown I believe and has come the past couple of weeks with his girlfriend who attends quite often, had alot of fun just hanging out and talking music and other stuff, told him that when we get the youth worship team off the ground there would be a spot for him. Spent alot of the evening with one of the basketball players from MC at the pool table and playing some ball down in the gym. Good times, I'm getting more and more relaxed around alot of the kids even though I'll admit there are quite a few of them I still don't know, but that will change.

Sunday Set List:
Let Everything That - Matt Redman (fun little song to play)
Here Is Our King - David Crowder* Band (playing this song, two of my fingers basically stay in the same spot for the whole song)
I Surrender All - Judson W. VanDeventer (Never heard this song before Thu. but I liked it)
Enough - Chris Tomlin (another song where my pinky and ring finger hang out in the same spot alot)
Holiness - Sonicflood (an oldie but a goodie)
You Are - Nate & Nate (I don't think people recognized this one until the chorus then it was on)

0 comments: