Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday morning

As I type this I'm getting ready to head out to church in about 40 minutes for our new series "TXT" which is going to be off the hook, it is the first time that we are actually encouraged to bring cell phones to church and use them as part of the message. I think this is a cool idea and it is gonna be fun. I am excited to see the participation and what all people have to say. Worship is gonna be good today I got a feeling, Pink is back at the helm this Sunday and we are ready to go and see where God takes us.

I did another Solid Rock Friday Night the other night and it was fun, I rocked out and got the thumbs up approval from both Tammy and Taylor for the second week in a row. Now I have to wait until April 17th to head back over there and while thats cool its also a bummer because that means I won't be able to go to the Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down show in Indy. Had a neat little conversation with a listener in Albany who won the cd I was giving away, she requested some Brian "Head" Welch who was the guitarist from the rock band KORN, he got saved and left the band and is now back in the music business. I told her I saw that KORN's bass player also accepted Christ and had a book out talking about it that I was skimming through the other day. It is so cool to see these people in the spotlight turning to Christ and the witness opportunities they are going to have is just amazing.

Looking forward to watching the race today from the paperclip also known as Martinsville, lots of beating and banging and shoving, good old short-track racing the way it was meant to be. Makes me long to go back to the track.

1 comments:

Sue said...

Derek,
Regarding this statement from your post... "It is so cool to see these people in the spotlight turning to Christ and the witness opportunities they are going to have is just amazing."...is it possible that this is part of the last days "where the spirit will be poured out" part? I believe it could be a part of that prophecy.

Either way, what awesomeness that these people who were so deceived by the enemy now sees the truth and is proclaiming it LOUDLY across the world!

Have a GREAT week...