Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rock show, Ultimate Frisbee, & the Enemy

The last few days have flown by and were packed to the max with fun, excitement, rest, and new adventures. Saturday I got to go with JOY FM to Richmond and work at the Disciple concert, while it was fun to hang out and talk to people about the station it was a bummer because while I could hear the show going on I wasn't able to see a whole lot of it. Got to hang out later and talk with the bands and while meeting Disciple the lady who was making sure everyone was in line for them she told the lead singer Kevin Young that I was from the radio station that was helping with the show and he came down the line and shook my hand again thanking me for playing their music and how much he appriciated it, that was cool. It was a good show and at the end of the show after Disciple had played their encores, Kevin sat down and challenged all of us there to "go deeper" in our relationship with Christ. He spoke for a good 15 minutes and gave an alter call at the end and 10 to 15 people accepted Christ, that never gets old. It was good to see that side of the band, all too often bands just play and say "Jesus loves you" from the stage without giving much more of a testimony like the old days.

Sunday was church, Bristol, and Ulitmate Frisbee. Jeff brought it again this week and seemed more at ease with his message this week, it is very easy to get caught up in the fruit of the flesh. Got home and got to watch pretty much the whole NASCAR race at Bristol which was good, if you don't know Bristol it is a half-mile track like the Winchester Speedway but it has seating for 160,000 people. Next time you drive to Winchester and pass the Speedway just imagine about 151,000 more seats. At youth we played a little Ultimate Frisbee in the gym and it was a blast, next week we are taking the game outside which will be a whole new challenge.

Yesterday I had a brief job, I drove a skid of metal plates, about 1700 lbs. worth, up to Purdue University for a friend of ours company. It was the first time I have ever been to Purdue and I joked later being the big IU fan I am that I had to come home and clean off and disenfect and get rid of all that I saw up there, just kidding. It was a fun morning doing that. Driving a pickup truck with 1700 extra pounds in the back took a bit to get used to especially on the interstate but it was all good.

Sunday Set list:

Love The Lord - Lincoln Brewster (wish I could play guitar like him)
The Solid Rock - Edwin Mote (kept getting messed up on the timing on this one)
One Way - Hillsong (been a while since we've done this one, always have liked it)
I Exhalt Thee - ? (don't know this one too well)
Break Me - Nate & Nate (like the way this one builds)
Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin (nailed this one, always seem to get nervous before this one hoping I don't blow the intro)

0 comments: