Friday, March 20, 2009

We need more Fridays

I wish that there were more days in the week like Fridays but alas there is not so I guess I'll just have to enjoy the one we are given each week. This is a good Friday, why you ask, because I get to go eat lunch with my wonderful wife Tammy as this has become a habit for the last month or two and I really enjoy a little "date time" with her. Its also the last day of school for the kiddos as spring break officially starts when they get out today, both of them are ready for a little break I think. Not really doing much over the break but we have planned a little trip to Dayton to go to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum and then to the Salem Mall so that should be fun. The kids have never been to Wright-Patt and don't really know what to expect from them but I know I've always enjoyed going there.

Tonight from 9:30 to 11 pm I'll be doing the SRF bit here so please join me if you can, I have been challenged from the two ladies of the house because they said last time that I didn't do enough of the ROCK part of Solid Rock Friday Night so needless to say I'm bringing the ROCK, oh yeah. I'm sure there will be giveaways and plenty of talk about the DISCIPLE concert that is happening tomorrow night in Richmond, I along with the three other hosts of SRF will be there with a JOY FM booth and hanging out, never done that before so I'm excited about it.

Worship practice was fun last night, we worked on a song that we will be doing in the upcoming weeks, I always enjoyed working on a new song for a couple of weeks then breaking it out and this was no exception. I wish we would start doing stuff like this again where we get a couple of songs and work on them for a few weeks then bust them out. We are even breaking out another oldie but a goodie this week for offering, it was one that we did a few years back quite a few times and everyone seemed to enjoy it, its an uptempo tune that will get you all jumping and yelling the chorus, should be fun. See you then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Disciple is in town I request 321. Carry Me Down by Demon Hunter is another favorite.

I'll be listening!

Anonymous said...

Good job tonight! I didn't know you had The Showdown or I would have requested that a long time ago.

Derek Chalfant said...

Thanks for listening Chad, hope you rocked out.