Wednesday, October 17, 2007

4 day weekends rock



The picture above is from Speed51.com a racing site from North Carolina who came up to Winchester to have live updates on Saturday and Sunday from the speedway. This shot is on pit road looking up between turns 1 and 2. For those who don't know the turns are banked at 33 degrees and it is fun to try and walk up them and even more fun to drive your car around them as you feel as if the car is going to tip over. There were 40 cars on hand to make the race which all 40 started and if you have ever seen 40 cars on a 1/2 mile track it is a sight to see. The stands were packed the campground was packed and it was a great weekend of racing. I even got to step back into my role which I left after last year as being the scorer for the festivities on Saturday, it was like I never left. I do miss hanging out at the track with the whole CRA crew and drivers and maybe next year if the schedule pans out I might have to hang out a little more with them as long as I'm home on Sundays for church and YG.

Speaking of Youth Group I am ready for tomorrow night with TobyMac, TFK, Teens, and Barlowgirl in Ft. Wayne. Taylor and I saw Toby and TFK a few months ago on the first leg of the tour in Anderson and it was good so I know tomorrow will be the same. Looking most forward to seeing TFK again. Then Friday it will be off to the radio station for the final time during football season, don't know yet what is going to happen after football is done how much or when I'll be over there but when I find out I'll put it here on the ole blog. I'll leave you with some words from TFK "THROW UP YOUR RAWKFIST IF YOUR FEELIN' IT WHEN I DROP THIS."

0 comments: