Monday, October 22, 2007

Give me my rookie stripe

Got to participate in my first Youth Group meeting last night and it was fun. I got to crack up a few times, meet some new people and learned to stay clear when the suckers start flying because its everyone for themselves. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun ride.

The second set or worship set yesterday was great, everything flowed nicely and it was cool to look out and see people worshiping in different ways. Got to hear the message twice as I played Saturday night as well and the part that really sticks out to me and I enjoyed it Sat. and it really hit me Sunday was the part where PK talked about us being slaves and lust bidding this and greed that and power that then, this is the part that I really enjoyed and created a really vivid visual in my mind was when he said then a nail pierced hand goes up in the back and says I give my blood for that one. Powerful images just go through my mind when I hear that.

Friday was my swan song for the football broadcasts and I must say that the past few weeks have been a really neat experience and very enjoyable. I am going to miss running the board for them but basketball season is right around the corner so I'm sure I'll be back over there for them. Now I am waiting to hear on what is next for me there, I did get to hang out for the last 15 minutes of the sharathon Friday and it was crazy as they were closing in on the amount needed. Finally got to hang out this weekend with my nephew who sold his guitar to Mom and Dad for me as him and I and Taylor went to that wonderful toy store called Sam Ash, I could really go crazy in there. We played with the lighting system they had there and I thought this is what we need at church with the intellegent lights. Maybe someday......

0 comments: