Thursday, October 4, 2007

Blessed

After a few days of nothingness and basically laziness I'm back. I've been thinking lately about how blessed I am. I look at what God has done, what he has taken and how he is using me for his kingdom. He took, and blessed, someone who gets nervous getting up in front people and had minimal ability to play guitar and learn the bass and used them on a worship team. I've told people in the past when they come up and say "good job up there today" that it's not me. I've also been blessed with a wonderful family and friends who are there when you need them and I am glad to be there when they need me as well. Been blessed to venture into radio which has been a total blast, I don't know if there are 10 people, 100 people, or 1,000 people listening but it doesn't matter as long as 1 person is listening and gets something out of it then its all good.

Now I have been blessed to add something else to the fold, youth group small group leader. I'll be starting that in a few weeks and I pray that God uses this dork to help reach or lead some of our youth towards him or closer to him. It is a step out of the old comfort zone but as long as God is in control it will be amazing. Seems like that comfort zone is getting smaller and smaller. It still blows me away that God would use me to reach people that I might not even realize I'm helping to reach for Him. Is God awesome or what?

0 comments: