Friday, October 19, 2007

Great time

Last night I went with about 20 others to Ft. Wayne for the Portable Sounds tour with TobyMac, Barlowgirl, and Thousand Foot Krutch and I must say it was a great time. The show was good and hanging with others from the church is always a good thing even if I was the oldest one in the group but thats ok. Went to one of the nicest Arby's I've ever seen then on to the show with the line to get in that looked like it would never end. There were alot of people at the show and Toby dropped as he said a "Joy bomb." We (Taylor and I) just saw Toby a few months back on the first leg of the tour and it was cool to see the changes that were made this time around. One thing I like about him is that even though his name is on the marquee he gives everyone in his band a time in the spotlight at various points in the show.

Another cool thing is the fact that he as well as Barlowgirl just opened up the bible and started reading from it which I think is lacking in some shows. I like what Barlowgirl stands for, purity, modesty, and commitment to God. It is great to see role models like these for my soon to be teenage daughter. They also said something about not dating, which I also like that for Taylor (hehe) so I wouldn't have to worry about all of that. TFK brought the RAWK and the only complaint I have on them is that they didn't play long enough.

I'm a little groggy this morning as it was around 1:30 to 2:00 for I finally went to sleep and woke up at a little after 5 to be to work by 6. Made without being late but don't know how I'll be around 10 or 11. Go to the radio station again tonight so listen in around 10 and we will have some fun.

0 comments: