Monday, January 19, 2009

Are you kidding me?

Don't you just love cars? Cars are like insurance, they are a necessary evil. Got in the old green car last Friday went to Muncie then back home and over to Winchester, no biggie. Go to get in it Saturday to go get some gas in it and notice a nice size stain underneath the front of the car, pop the hood and see that there is no coolant in the overflow, so I put some in it to get it to the full cold area and thought I'll wait and see. Got in there yesterday and nothing had leaked out, that's good, start it up to warm it up before taking Taylor to youth and go back out and the "Service Engine Soon" light is on, that's not supposed to be on. So to make a long story short I'll be taking it to AutoZone so they can hook up the little gizmo they have that reads what the code is that is causing that to be on. I hope its nothing big or major but we will see.

Yesterdays service was good and Pink did an excellent job filling the pulpit. Music was fun playing the bass and all, it's always nice to play that everyonce in awhile, every 3 weeks now, to keep my chops up well what there are of them. Good to see my brother-in-law and his family at church again. He and his wife and youngest son came a few months ago for a series that escapes me right now and they really enjoyed it and talked about coming back. Well they did yesterday and brought Tyler their oldest son and his girlfriend, it was really cool to see them there. Gave Tyler and Mariah a tour of the new youth room aka THE 3:7, and they dug it and I extended a invite for them to come join us some Sunday evening, I hope they take me up on it sometime.

Anywho back to the music portion of yesterday, once again something unplanned just absolutely floored me, we were doing the second set and we were to end with Mighty To Save, finished it up and Pink came back up to make another quick point which was cool then I thought they'd turn the lights back on and people would head out as we played another song again, WRONG. When he left the stage and we went back into Everlasting God someone (God) turned up the energy, volume, and presence as not a single person left and that song was off the hook with everyone singing and celebrating and just all out worship. That was one of those WOW moments.

Set list:
Come, Now Is The Time To Worship - Brian Doerkson
Everlasting God - Brenton Brown wrote it, Lincoln Brewster and Chris Tomlin made it a hit.
I Will Not Be Silent - David Crowder*Band
Break Me - Nate and Nate
All Who Are Thirsty - Vinyard, Kutless version is what I'm used to.
Breathe - Vinyard, Micheal W. Smith's version is the one most people know.
Mighty To Save - Hillsong, this is one of those songs that never gets old.

1 comments:

David said...

You're right Derek - Mighty To Save never gets old. We've got it in our set list for this coming Sunday. Bless you!