Monday, January 12, 2009

Mr. Mom

Well for the past few days I keep having flashbacks to the Micheal Keaton movie Mr. Mom, if you've ever seen it you'll understand where I'm comin from. Since the lay off I've been doing stuff here at the house you know cleaning, laundry, dishes, getting the kids where they need to be, even cooking. So when Tammy heads off to work I become MR. MOM. It has been kind of enjoyable but I don't think I want to do this for an extended period of time.

Little bummed that we didn't get alot of the snow that was predicted this weekend, I know I'm messed up. I could do without the ice and would rather have just all snow, it is easier to drive on snow than ice. There is still time this season for a couple of big snows. Youth was fun last night, both jr. high and high school had quite a few new faces and I have a feeling that each week there will be more new faces. That new room is cool, you really need to check it out if you haven't yet.

Sunday set list:
How Awesome Is The Lord Most High - Chris Tomlin (started out Thursday being a new song, then changed to another then yesterday morning changed to this)
Forever - Chris Tomlin
I Stand Amazed - Charles Gabriel (I always heard you can't trust people with two first names or two last names)
Holy, Holy, Holy - Unknown
We Fall Down - Chris Tomlin
I Exhalt Thee - Pete Sanchez

3 comments:

Sue said...

terphaAs we were going to church on Sunday morning, I read my "Our Daily Bread" devotional for the day. At the end was this:

"Holy, Holy, Holy! All the saints adore Thee. Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea; Cherubim and seraphim falling down before Thee, Which wert and art and evermore shalt be."

This has always been one of my favorite hymns. Thanks for choosing this for Sunday morning!

(PS...It was written by Reginald Heber)

Hang in there, Mr. Mom. Jim is going back to work tomorrow after being laid off for about 7 weeks. He was only being "Mom" to our son, Scooby,(our Shih Tzu) who doesn't reguire a lot of attention. LOL

Derek Chalfant said...

Thanks for the writer info, it was fun to do. I realize that we don't do alot of hymns but it is good to break one out every now and again.

Keym said...

Mr. Mom! hehehe I too am bummed that we didn't get the snow. Ice sucks!