Friday, January 23, 2009

That was fun.

I was on the radio again today and hopefully you were able to catch a little bit of it. It has been awhile since I've been over there and that made up for time spent away. I filled in for Joel who does the Workday Wrap-Up from 3 to 7 and it was a blast. Had the normal "I forgot what I was going to say" moments but made it through them just fine. During the all request drive at 5 I got enough requests to almost fill the entire hour, that has never happened to me before, I think I ended up with 8 requests, 2 from Farmland, 2 from Lynn, 3 from Winchester and 1 from Portland, way to represent Randolph County. One of the requests from Lynn was from the guy who is promoting the Building 429 show in Richmond on Feb. 6th, if you get a chance you should go check them out, and he was telling me they have quite a few more shows in the works and I hope they can pull them off. We need to get the word out there about good christian bands that are coming to our neck of the woods and support them so we can get more and get alot more people introduced to these bands.

Also got the schedule for Solid Rock Friday Nights and I'll be over there on March 6th for my kick-off, I'll be there on Feb. 6th after the basketball game as a tune up. Come March we will be back on for 3 solid hours rockin your socks off, each night there will be two of us taking 90 minute shifts, I will be sure and keep you updated.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great show Der. Especially liked the song by DOWNHERE. Ok, a senior moment as I forget the name of it.