Friday, January 9, 2009

A few days of relaxation

After what went down Tuesday I have enjoyed a few days of relaxation and really tried not to think a whole lot about what happened. Monday I will get out and start looking around so I thought I'd take a couple days easy. I did go to the unemployment office on Wednesday to sign up for unemployment, I got there at 7:45 and was about 12th in line and to my surprise it went pretty quick, however if I knew it was going to be like it was, I filed all the info online there, I would have just stayed home and done it online here. Didn't know that but I have that taken care of for now. Enjoyed my first M & O meeting as the clerk and to be honest I was not nervous and just let the meeting happen. We enjoyed the new youth room for the meeting, I really like to see people's reaction to the new room. Speaking of the new room I enjoyed a strawberry Frap after worship team practice last night and I think I have a new favorite. I am excited for Sunday because during practice last night you could feel God's presence there. That doesn't always happen every practice, sometimes its just going through the motions, but if you just open up it is amazing.

Now after coming home from that great experience when I got home everyone was in bed so I was the only one left up and just sat there thinking and alot of the thoughts were ones of anger towards the job and playing scenarios in my mind like "man if this happens then I'd say ...." stuff that I really wish I wouldn't have thought. I am trying to stay positive during all this and I must say we appriciate all the prayers that everyone is doing and I know that there is something that I am supposed to do. I get frustrated knowing that then going and doing or thinking things that I should not. I'm glad that God is not like me and is very forgiving and loving and even when I go from a spiritial high to an awful low He still loves me no matter what and is ready to pick me up and help me even though I feel so undeserving. Thank you God.

3 comments:

Keym said...

It's amazing and fantastic that you are keeping the faith in what could be easily viewed as a dark time. Rock on brother. I'm happy that I could make that strawberry frap for you too.

David said...

Hey Derek. Obviously you don't know me, but wanted to let you know I'm praying for you too.

I spent almost 4 months unemployed at the end of last year, and through it all - no matter what - God does provide, and sometimes in the least expected ways.

So get ready for a few more things you didn't see coming, and keep relaxing in God while He gets those doors opened for you!

Derek Chalfant said...

David, Thanks for the encouragement and prayers and thanks for stopping by. I know that doors will be open I'm praying for my obedience to what God has in store for me, it's gonna be sweet I know.