Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Isn't blogging amazing

I noticed a day or so ago on one of the comments on a post I had that a fellow mentioned that I didn't know him but he was praying for me and my situation, which is cool. I had noticed his profile pic before on Nathan's blog so I figured he was a friend of Nathans. I then saw that he posted on PK's blog about tv shows and saw that he was from Austrailia. Now I was overwhelmed that someone from another country would be following this little blog from a small town in the middle of America. So I looked at David's profile and found out that he too is a worship team member/leader down in OZ. I have linked both of his blogs on the sidebar now so I can see whats happening down under its the David from OZ and Worship + links if you'd like to check them out as well and say hey. I have a little connection with the land down under, as many of you know my brother and his family spent 2 years at Hillsong college and got me hooked on Hillsong United which is a whole other blog. I have always wanted to visit Austrailia even the flying over the big pond, flying doesn't bother me-big bodies of water does however, and see what it is like there. And one side note, you all know that it is summer there now don't you, just thought I'd throw that out there. And speaking of weather what another bummer, I was all pumped after seeing we could get a couple of inches of snow and winds and we got pretty much nothing, maybe next time.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Yeah, David is awesome! He also twitters and frequently makes me very jealous when he comments on how nice the weather is there right now ;o) It is a very cool feeling to know when someone across the world is praying for you!

David said...

Thanks guys :-) I'm relatively new to the current crop of social media ** and I'll use the excuse that until recently I was working and studying full time...who had time to use a computer for fun stuff???

My 'enforced break' at the end of last year opened loads of doors for new creativity, sharing, encouragement and friendship. I really hope we can all meet in person someday pre-heaven - that would be very cool. You'll have to come to Hillsong Conference, or I'll have to find an excuse to visit Midwest USA again.

**NB: I met my wife online before that was "socially acceptable" (thank you Christian Cafe & Paltalk)...now, THAT's a whole other blog...! Enjoy the snow, it was 106F here today...