Monday, January 26, 2009

A milestone of posts, #500 wow.

This is my 500th post, wow thats pretty cool I guess. I celebrate my 500th post by listening to a cd I borrowed from Pink and after listening to it I wonder why I haven't either bought it or borrowed it sooner. It is from a band called Esterlyn and the cd is called "Lamps." I have seen their first video on the Gospel Music Channel and thought it was alright then they put out another one for a song that escapes me but I really dug that song. So now after listening to the cd I highly recomend it. Its just a good cd mixed with some rocking songs and some poppier songs and then some that are almost ballady. Good stuff you should check it out. I also checked out a cd online this weekend twice from a newsletter I get every week from New Release Tuesday, it is the latest from Paul Coleman. You might be saying who is Paul Coleman. He played guitar for the Newsboys for the last 5 years and now is back to being a solo artist. You might have heard "Fill My Cup" or "Gloria" on Joy FM before but he is back with a cd called "History" which is a greatest hits kind of package with a few new songs thrown in like a cover of Delirious' "History Maker" and a song that I thought was his but later found out that it was actually done by, get this, *gasp* a country artist, Toby Keith. Oh ick. No really its a cool little song called "If I Were Jesus" kind of a funny little song but with a powerful chorus. And yes I like Paul's version way better.

Yesterday was a cool church service how it was all laid back and it was really cool to hear all the stories from the team that just got back from Jamacia. And wasn't it cool to see all the baby dedications, especially since they were all from the same fertal small group. I guess if you want to have a baby just join that small group, just kidding. Youth was fun and I'm ready to watch the video that Cari shot of the game that they played, blind-folded musical chairs. It got real interesting when the 12 dwindled down to around 4 or 5 then it got a bit physical and interesting. Not for the faint of heart.

Sunday Song List:
Not To Us - Chris Tomlin (fun little diddy to play, did it a bit different with the guitar intro which rocked not because I played it but because how everyone started clapping)
Holy Is The Lord - Chris Tomlin
Blessed Be Your Name - Matt Redman (Another favorite of mine, once again it rocked with the clapping at the begining and pretty much throught the whole song)
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus - Not sure who wrote it but it was cool
Draw Me Close/You Are My All In All - Rick Founds and Dennis Jernnigan
You Alone - David Crowder*Band

I think Nate and the rest of the team did a fantastic job yesterday and it was fun to have Brent up there with us on the mandolin. I even got a kick out of a carry over from practice Thursday when Brent started taking the side of his pick and bouncing it off the strings which makes a pretty cool sound. Kind of made me chuckle.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The Worship Team does a great job every week. Those days when the congregation gets into it is always special. I think the two play off each other. One of these days they'll raise the roof.